VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight laser-ranging module housed in the smallest package on the market today setting a new benchmark in ranging performance levels.
VL53L0X can measure absolute distances up to 2m, independent of target reflectance in less than 30ms. The VL53L0X is based on Time-of-Flight principle coupled with a leading-edge SPAD (Single Photon Avalanche Diodes) array and implementing ST’s second generation FlightSenseTM patented technology.
The VL53L0X’s 940nm VCSEL emitter (Vertical Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser), is totally invisible to the human eye and when coupled with physical Infrared filters enables longer ranging distance, higher immunity to ambient light and better robustness to cover-glass optical cross-talk.
Visit PUREmodules.com to buy one.
- Fully integrated miniature module
- 940nm Laser VCSEL
- VCSEL driver
- Ranging sensor with advanced embedded microcontroller
- 4.4 x 2.4 x 1.0mm
- Fast, accurate distance ranging
- Measures absolute range up to 2m
- Reported range is independent of the target reflectance
- Operates in high IR ambient light levels
- Advanced embedded optical cross-talk compensation to simplify cover glass selection
- Eye safe
- Class 1 laser device compliant with latest standard IEC 60825-1:2014 - 3rd edition
- Easy integration
- Single reflowable component
- No additional optics
- Single power supply
- I2C interface for device control and data transfer
- Xshutdown (Reset) and interrupt GPIO
- Can run from 2.2V to 5.5V,
- Exposes i2c interface
- Pin-out compatible with Arduino